Welcome to PsychU!

12-Month Suicide Rate Following Psychiatric Discharge Is 2.41 Per 1,000 Discharges

During the 12 months following discharge from a psychiatric hospital, the suicide rate among consumers is 2.41 per 1,000 discharges. The 12-month post-discharge rate for suicide attempts is 7.22 per 1,000 discharges. About 26.4% of suicidal events take place within the first month post discharge; 40.8% take place within three months, and 73.2% take place within 12 months. The remaining 26.8% of suicide deaths take place after 12 months.
These findings were reported in “Suicidal Risk Following Hospital Discharge” by Alberto …

Join PsychU today at no cost for access to this and other premium content!

Join today for instant access to all PsychU content, events, and more!

Membership is free!

Name*
Specialty (select all that apply)*
Zip / Postal Code*

Choose Your Unique Login

Your username can only contain lowercase letters (a-z) and numbers.
Email*
Password*
Your password must be at least 8 characters Hint: Must use combination of lower case letters, upper case letters, numbers and special characters like !@#$.

I agree to the following terms

I agree to the following terms:*
I agree to the following terms*
Hidden
Direct Care Provider
Hidden
Clinician Newsletter
Hidden
Management Newsletter
Hidden
user_preferences_account_notifications
Hidden
user_preferences_webinar_emails
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Disclaimer: PsychU is supported by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. (OPDC), Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OAPI), and Lundbeck, LLC – committed supporters of the mental health treatment community. The opinions expressed by PsychU’s contributors are their own and are not endorsed or recommended by PsychU or its sponsors. The information provided through PsychU is intended for the educational benefit of mental health care professionals and others who support mental health care. It is not intended as, nor is it a substitute for, medical care, advice, or professional diagnosis. Health care professionals should use their independent medical judgement when reviewing PsychU's educational resources. Users seeking medical advice should consult with a health care professional. No CME or CEU credits are available through any of the resources provided by PsychU. Some of the contributors may be paid consultants for OPDC, OAPI, and / or Lundbeck, LLC.

MRC2.CORP.X.03395