Intellectual wellness involves lifelong learning, application of knowledge learned, and sharing knowledge.1 In this interview, Dara Sanandaji discusses how his lived experience with Bipolar I disorder serves as an asset to fueling creative thinking and to pass along wisdom through the expression of some of the intellectual dimensions of wellness.
1 Swarbrick, P., & Yudof, J. (2015). Wellness in Eight Dimensions. New Jersey: Collaborative Support Programs of NJ, Inc.
Author, Filmmaker, Consultant, Humanist Golder Rule Media, LLC; Golden Rule Solutions, LLC
Rachel Self, PhD, MS (OPDC)
Medical Science Director, Neuroscience Field Medical Affairs
Dara Sanandaji is a paid consultant of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc.
Rachel Self, PhD, MS is a paid employee of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc.
Disclaimer: PsychU is supported by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. (OPDC) and Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OAPI). Specific PsychU programs may be supported by OPDC, OAPI and other committed supporters of the mental health treatment community. The opinions expressed by PsychU’s contributors are their own and are not endorsed or recommended by PsychU or its sponsor or the sponsors of the specific PsychU program in which such opinions are expressed. The information provided through PsychU is intended for the educational benefit of mental health care professionals and others who support mental health care. It is not intended as, nor is it a substitute for, medical care, advice, or professional diagnosis. Health care professionals should use their independent medical judgement when reviewing PsychU’s educational resources. Users seeking medical advice should consult with a health care professional. No CME or CEU credits are available through any of the resources provided by PsychU. Some of the contributors may be paid consultants for OPDC and OAPI.
- Introduction To The Eight Dimensions Of Wellness
- 8 Dimensions Of Wellness Workbook: Creating Balance & Healthy Habits In Every Area Of Your Life
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: Social Wellness & The Role Of Peer Support
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: Redefining Emotional Wellness
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: A Conversation About Financial Wellness
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: A Healthy Body Equals A Healthy Mind
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: Working Towards Occupational Wellness
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: Environmental Wellness
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: The Role Of Introspection To Encourage Spiritual Growth