In this presentation, the objectives are to:
- Review common terminology used in suicidology
- Elucidate statistics associated with suicide globally and in the United States
- Discuss the possible relationship between suicide and psychiatric illnesses: major depressive disorder (MDD), bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia
- Highlight various suicide assessment tools
- Present current research on the neurobiology of suicide
- Provide suicide prevention resources and insight into ongoing research
Request this program for your region or organization today! This live (online or in-person) presentation, and others like it, are available for free for PsychU members. View our complete listing of presentations and programs by visiting our Request A Presentation page.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, please contact the Suicide Prevention Hotline / Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), or text the Crisis Text Line at 741-741.