Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Beyond Mood & Psychosis
Recent research has shown cognitive impairment to be a feature of schizophrenia that is independent of delusions and hallucinations and stable throughout the course of the disease in a majority of patients. Cognitive impairment in bipolar disorder is also becoming an increasingly studied phenomenon, with documented demonstration of neuropsychologic impairment in some patients. Learn more as we look beyond mood and psychosis in this month’s collection of resources.1
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia