Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Care coordination – a strategy at the heart of many health care redesign efforts – is intended to help consumers navigate the health care system in a way that reduces costs, increases outcomes, and improves patient experience of care.i This is especially true for individuals with mental illness, as their health care needs are typically more complex. To achieve greater care coordination and plan effective, holistic treatment spanning providers, the health care field has invested in alternative care models, including accountable care organizations (ACOs), patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs), health homes, and readmission prevention programs. Due to its significant impact on patient experience of care and health care outcomes, PsychU is taking the month of April to focus on all things care coordination. We encourage you to explore this month’s special collection of curated resources below.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia