Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Comorbidities & Related Health Disorders
Of the 58% of adults in the United States that have a medical condition, 29% have a mental health disorder. Conversely, of the 25% of the adult population with mental health disorders, 68% have a comorbid medical condition.i The high prevalence of co-occurring mental and physical health conditions means that effective strategies for treatment of individuals with mental illness should focus on physical and behavioral health integration from screening to service delivery. Given their impact on the health outcomes of individuals with mental illness, PsychU is taking the month of January to focus on comorbidities and related health disorders. Check out our special collection of curated resources below.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia