Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Integrated Care & Value-Based Payments
Integrating physical and behavioral health care and encouraging collaboration and integration across providers is becoming increasingly important, as health care systems attempt to provide higher quality care for lower costs. For many individuals, primary care is the initial health care access point, making screening for mental illness in this setting ever more important; co-occurring mental illnesses often go undiagnosed or untreated because systematic screening for mental illnesses is not a widespread practice in primary care.i As the health care market shifts towards value-based payment systems – many of which incentivize integrated care as a way to address cost and quality benchmarks – all stakeholders will be affected. Given the importance integration and value-based payments have on the treatment individuals with mental illnesses receive, PsychU is taking the month of February to focus on how payers, providers, and consumers are being affected. Check out our special collection of curated resources for this month below.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia