Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Integrating Community Supports To Promote Wellness
Individuals living with mental illness can benefit from more than just mental health treatment. In many cases, tackling social determinants of health, addressing physical health comorbidities, and linking patients to social service supports within their community can be beneficial to overall quality of life and wellness.1 Community supports can provide guardrails for an individual to self-navigate, self-motivate, and be more engaged and proactive with their health care.2
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia