Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is a significant medical condition that impacts mood and behavior as well as daily physical functions. MDD is one of the most common mental disorders in the United States, with current research suggesting that a number of genetic, biological, environmental, and psychological factors may contribute to the development of MDD.1 Medications, psychotherapy, and other treatment methods can effectively help individuals with MDD manage their symptoms.2
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia