Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Measurement-based care (MBC) consists of administering patient-reported rating scales over time and using the results to tailor care plans to the individual. Despite MBC’s proven benefits, it is not a standard practice. The call for implementation of MBC in behavioral health is growing, but perceived barriers in implementation and the uncertainty of rating scale validity may impede the practice from becoming standardized. Learn more about the research supporting MBC and a variety of psychiatric scales being utilized in this month’s collection of resources.1, 2
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia