Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Mood Disorders, Medication Management, & Adherence
Individuals of any age can experience the effects of mood disorders, which may cause difficulties sleeping and eating; feelings of hopelessness; effects on decision-making; and other life-altering symptoms.1 Providers often outline therapeutic interventions or prescribe medications to mitigate these effects, and patient adherence to these treatment options can play a large role in working toward positive outcomes. This month’s Spotlight offers up relevant resources and potential treatment approaches for mood disorders, in an effort to educate our members on guarding against relapse, improving overall health outcomes, and engaging patients to reach for recovery.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia