Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Optimizing Patient Outcomes Through Enhanced Clinical Performance
Attempts to optimize clinical performance look different depending upon the health care system, organization, and practitioner. Initiatives may include efforts to standardize care, measure quality, record and report patient outcomes, improve credentialing requirements, or further specific research inquiries. Calls for systematic performance measurement in behavioral health are growing. Producing positive patient outcomes for individuals living with mental illness can be team a effort. A clinical performance feedback loop that is based in understanding, input, adherence, and coordination from stakeholders across the spectrum of care to address health care needs in an integrated and holistic manner is thought to be key. Visit this month’s Spotlight to stay up-to-date on the performance measures, MBC tools, and research that health professionals need to understand to successfully affect clinical performance, and therefore patient outcomes, in mental health care.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia