Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Patients & Caregivers
Patients’, and their caregivers’, engagement in the treatment of mental illness can have drastic effects on health care outcomes. For example, high patient activation has been shown to lower rates of costly hospitalizations and emergency department visits.i The patient / caregiver voice provides essential details that only the individual being treated can define (e.g. life goals), and that may vary in significant ways from treatment goals defined by health care professionals. As behavioral health moves its focus toward measuring value, it’s increasingly important for all stakeholders to consider the unique insights that patients and caregivers can provide. During March, PsychU is encouraging its members to check out its special collection of curated resources revolving around patients and caregivers (below).
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia