Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Reducing Mental Health Stigma Through Awareness
Mental health stigma contributes to a culture of silence, silence that makes it difficult to have meaningful discussions about symptoms, standards of care, and support needs—even between individuals and their health care providers! What’s more, negative media portrayals and public misconceptions about those who live with behavioral health conditions only perpetuate barriers to care. This month we’re sharing stories, spreading awareness, and speaking out about mental health to shift perceptions, shut down stigma, and offer our support to those we know, work with, care for, and love… who may just happen to live with a mental illness. #JoinTheConversation to #SilenceStigma and #Talk2Thrive with #PsychU during #MHAM2020.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia