Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Schizophrenia is a chronic brain disorder that may include symptoms such as delusions, hallucinations, trouble with thinking and concentration, and lack of motivation.1 Approximately 3.5 million people in the United States are diagnosed with schizophrenia, and treatment and other economic costs due to the disease range between $32.5 and $65 billion annually.2 While there is currently no cure, ongoing research is leading to new and safer treatments for schizophrenia that hold the promise of becoming effective therapies.1 Join us this month as we explore recent schizophrenia research, news, and expert perspectives.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia