Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Supporting Patients & Caregivers
Being able to actively engage patients, and their caregivers, in mental health treatment is a vital step toward improving care outcomes for individuals living with mental illness. Studies have shown that successful engagement is associated with decreased health care expenditures, increased treatment adherence, improved functional status, and higher levels of satisfaction and health literacy.1 Given the impact of engagement, health care professionals should strive to include patients and caregivers in the treatment planning process – considering and including their goals, providing necessary education, and fostering trust through the therapeutic alliance.2 Find insights and resources here to help you on the way.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia