Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Unmet Need and Access Issues Exacerbate the Mental Health Crisis
Most people know someone who lives with a behavioral health disorder.1 Mental health has an effect on everyone – the individual diagnosed, as well as our society as a whole. Untreated behavioral health conditions cost the health care system billions of dollars annually, weaken the efficacy of the labor force, and lead to lower quality of life for our neighbors, friends, family members who are affected by a mental illness.2,3,4 Unfortunately, the behavioral health system in America is stressed, as increases in mental health disorders do not necessarily correspond with increases in resources, access, professional workforce, or funding. These challenges are not impossible to address, but they will require systematic, coordinated effort from practitioners, organizations, and systems that bridge the health care continuum.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia