Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Wellness & Cognitive Health
Wellness – being in good physical and mental health – is important for all individuals, including those that suffer from mental illness. Increased early mortality rates of individuals with serious mental illness can often be attributed to physical health related illnesses like cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes, making measuring physical wellness for this population particularly important.i However, some individuals with mental illness suffer cognitive impairment, further complicating efforts to improve education about and adherence towards treatment that would improve their physical and mental wellness.ii Given the significant effects that cognitive health and wellness play in health care outcomes for individuals with mental illness, PsychU encourages you to browse our specially curated collection below, and to check out our newly launched Wellness Topic Library!
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia