Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Workforce Issues & Technology
There are more than 43 million Americans living with a mental health condition, though an estimated 56% of adults with mental illness do not receive treatment.1 The United States is not only in the midst of a major provider shortage of behavioral health practitioners, but is also encountering issues of provider maldistribution.2 Due to the disparities in access to behavioral health services, particularly in rural areas, the field is looking to new models of care and service delivery aimed to improve access to providers, therefore improving patient outcomes.3 Utilizing digital solutions may increase accessibility for patients as well as help to alleviate some of the pressure on the short supply of behavioral health providers.1
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia