Not sure where to start on the thousands of resources in the PsychU library? PsychU has created learning tracks to give community members a resource guide! Pick a learning track, review the materials outlined, and complete the Test Your Knowledge questions to participate in a resource ‘crash-course’ on one of the topics listed below.
Filter by TopicCollapse Filters ▼
- The role of medication adherence in serious mental illness.
- New tools to assess and address medication adherence.
- Risk factors associated with non-adherence.
- The impact of digital interventions on medication adherence.
- Outcomes associated with improved medication adherence.
Care Coordination & Integration
- Barriers to and strategies for integrated behavioral and medical health care.
- The definition of Transitions of Care and how to identify all members of the health care team.
- Traditional care transition programs.
- Care coordination recommendations, specific to the mental health population, including: optimizing medication regimen, communication of complex medical plans, and screening for other co-occurring conditions.
- How the discharge care team collaboratively develops a comprehensive transition planning guide with the patient and family.
Cognitive Function In Schizophrenia & Bipolar Disorder
- The differences between cognitive functioning in schizophrenia compared with bipolar disorder
- The importance of brain changes throughout the course of illness for both schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
- The incidence and functional consequences of neurocognitive deficits in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- The options to address impaired cognition and functioning
Decriminalization Of Mental Illness
- Understand difficulties and trauma that the wrong placement can have for those suffering from mental illness
- Learn about some of the initiatives and resources that are in place to route those with SMI away from the prison system
- Realize the personal cost that mental illness has on families and friends that must navigate a loved one’s mental illness and the behavioral health system
Early Intervention In Psychosis
- The potential barriers to reducing the duration of untreated psychosis
- The medical rationale for early intervention in psychosis
- Four early intervention programs and their findings
- Potential ways to implement early intervention programs in mental health settings
Introduction To Neurobiology & Psychopharmacology
- The role of neurotransmitters in the pathophysiology for bipolar disorder, major depression, and schizophrenia
- The role of neurotransmitters in psychopharmacology
- The impact of neuroinflammation on psychiatric illness
- Treatment considerations for serious mental illness
- The importance of using measurement-based care, both generally and specifically with patients who have major depressive disorder, schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder.
- How implementation of MBC can improve outcomes in clinical settings.
- The connection between residual symptoms, lack of full remission, and issues with functional outcomes, and the importance of these facts when assessing patients.
- The different scales which can be used with patients with major depressive disorder, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder.
- Some of the difficulties that arise when attempting to integrate mental health care and some of the best practice models of successful care coordination and integration.
- How populations are best served by integrated care what examples of issues that might prevent care from reaching patients.
- Payment methods and models that ensure integrated care is paid for and maximizes the success of the integration.
- The importance of using quality measures in providing and standardizing care.
- The impact of value-based reimbursement and how to prepare provider organization for it.
- Familiarizing provider organizations with various quality measures and best practices.
- What peer support specialists are and how they are certified
- The potential benefits of incorporating peer support specialists into teams treating individuals with mental health and substance use disorders
- Barriers and challenges that still exist to fully integrating peer support specialists into organizational, service delivery, and reimbursement models
Quality In Mental Health
- The growing importance of value-based care in behavioral health
- Current behavioral health quality measures
- Providers’, and payers’, roles in quality improvement
- Strategies that the behavioral health field is employing to address and improve quality, including customer-oriented continuous quality improvement processes
Social Determinants Of Health
- How social determinants of health are defined
- The impact social determinants of health can have on population health outcomes
- Policies and regulations that may prevent social determinants of health from being addressed through the health care system
- The ways that provider and payer organizations are attempting to address them
Suicide Awareness & Prevention
- Current statistics on suicide in the general U.S. population: including among individuals living with serious mental illness and within Veteran populations
- Suicide risk factors and protective factors
- Treatment strategies to address suicide risk and rates, including screening
- The role health care providers can play in bereavement and postvention activities
- Best practices in media reporting on suicide
- Current challenges to mental health service access and the role that telepsychiatry may play to address them
- Ongoing policy changes impacting telepsychiatry’s adoption, implementation, and reimbursement
- Available options to deliver telepsychiatric, telemental health, and telehealth services
- Potential benefits and limitations related to the clinical practice of telepsychiatry
- The importance of consumer experience to telepsychiatric care
- The key drivers behind the shift toward more value-based care / reimbursement in mental health
- The role VBR can play in improving quality and lowering costs in the health care system
- Health plan perspectives on valuable provider partnerships under VBR models
- Adoption rates of a variety of VBR models throughout the health care and mental health systems