Each month, the PsychU Spotlight highlights the most important topics and most recent innovations in mental health. The collection includes carefully curated resources to keep our members up-to-date on the latest in mental health care.
Mental Health Awareness Month
Millions of Americans are living with mental health conditions that impact their daily lives. Every day, these individuals face stigmatizing stereotypes about mental illness. Despite the many paths to recovery, there is widespread belief that mental health issues are untreatable and that individuals with mental illness are unintelligent or incapable of making decisions. This misinformation leads to rejections and fear and can sometimes prevent individuals suffering with mental illness from seeking treatment and support. However, through improved education and increased awareness of mental health issues, we can help to create a more supportive environment and a better system of care. Raising mental health awareness is an important topic year-round, but in the month of May, the mental health community comes together to share knowledge and spread awareness about these issues in a concerted effort. PsychU encourages you to dig in to our specially curated resources below throughout the month, as the Spotlight focuses on Mental Health Awareness Month.
Did You Know?
Upcoming Spotlight Themes
- May 2021 – Mental Wellness Across The Lifespan
- June 2021 – Trauma-Informed Care
- July 2021 – Workplace Mental Health
- August 2021 – Metrics & Improvements In Quality Outcomes
- September 2021 – Preventing Suicide
- October 2021 – The Next Crisis: Major Depressive Disorder
- November 2021 – E-Health & Technology Related To Trauma
- December 2021 – New Innovations In The Treatment Of Schizophrenia