Finding time to move your body can be a challenge. Developing and having a physically healthy routine, such as exercising consistently and watching what you consume, can help improve your physical and mental health well-being. Hear from our Stigma Section Advisors, John Budin, MD on the importance of physical wellness and how it can affect one’s mental health.
John Budin, MD (he/him)
Serving on the Board of Directors of the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
Becky Wong, PharmD, MBA (OPDC)
Medical Science Director
John Budin is a paid consultant of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc.
Becky Wong is an employee of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. (OPDC)
Disclaimer: PsychU is supported by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. (OPDC) and Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OAPI). Specific PsychU programs may be supported by OPDC, OAPI and other committed supporters of the mental health treatment community. The opinions expressed by PsychU’s contributors are their own and are not endorsed or recommended by PsychU or its sponsor or the sponsors of the specific PsychU program in which such opinions are expressed. The information provided through PsychU is intended for the educational benefit of mental health care professionals and others who support mental health care. It is not intended as, nor is it a substitute for, medical care, advice, or professional diagnosis. Health care professionals should use their independent medical judgement when reviewing PsychU’s educational resources. Users seeking medical advice should consult with a health care professional. No CME or CEU credits are available through any of the resources provided by PsychU. Some of the contributors may be paid consultants for OPDC and OAPI.
- Introduction To The Eight Dimensions Of Wellness
- 8 Dimensions Of Wellness Workbook: Creating Balance & Healthy Habits In Every Area Of Your Life
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: Social Wellness & The Role Of Peer Support
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: Redefining Emotional Wellness
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: A Conversation About Financial Wellness
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: Working Towards Occupational Wellness
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: Environmental Wellness
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: ‘Bipolar Advantage’ Of Intellectual Creativity
- Dimensions Of Health & Wellness: The Role Of Introspection To Encourage Spiritual Growth